Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome!
Irit is here again and this is my second February tutorial for you.
Today I am going to share small art pieces made with small boards using 3 similar but totally different Sin City stamps in 3 different color schemes.
The only paint I used here are mists and I wanted to show you my most favorite way to add stamped images to textured surfaces.
Sin City stamps
Face profile line art
Classic face 3/4 view line art
Face 3/4 view strand of hair
Natural Beauty word phrase
Happy Birthday phrase
Old style key Dream word
Mixed Media boards- chipboards or sturdy cardboard.
Texture paste Clear
Black permanent ink
Color ink mists
Ribbon, wool, yarn
Step by step instructions:
1. Cover three boards with white gesso and let it dry.
2. Add a thick layer of Clear texture paste using three different small stencils. Use a different stencil on each board.
3. Remove the stencils. The paste becomes clear when dry.
4. Cover the edges of each board with white crackle paste. Again, the magic word: Let it dry!
You see the crackles when it's dry, not before.
5. Stamp all three face stamps using permanent black ink onto white tissue paper.
6. Tear each stamped image apart and glue over the boards as shown with Gel medium over and under the stamped piece.
7. Glue the " hair" to each image: the ribbon, yarn and the natural wool . The colors don't matter as we cover the hair with a thick layer of white gesso.
8. Mist each board with different colors. Pick the colors that fit the stamped image mood. For this pretty, but angry lady, a vintage mix of colors was the best choice.
9. Mist the second board with some shabby, dreamy colors.
10. Mist the last board with a mix of lovely pastel colors.
Natural beauty was the best sentiment for the "angry" lady.
Dream key was the choice for the second one.
For the bright board stamp " Happy Birthday" sentiment and tear the word Happy.
Glue all words with Gel Medium.
I really hope that you liked my small art pieces (bigger than ATC, but not the card size).
You can also buy almost all of the stamps in this Natural Beauty sheet of rubber.
See you again next month!