Hi, It's Karen!
Today I brought a vintage style friendship card to share. I created the background with layers of overlapping masking tape which adds a beautiful subtle wrinkly texture.
The paints accentuate all the crevices and is a very effective way to create an aged look so it is very versatile for any vintage & distressed project.
I hope you will try this simple technique to create a textured background because I'm sure you will love it too!
1. Birds Clocks Rubber Stamp Set
2. Flower Bird Sketches Stamp Set
3. Inhale Exhale Art Stamp Set
4. White cardstock
5. Black ink pad
6. Masking tape
7. Sponge applicator
8. Paints - yellow, cream and grey - use gelato sticks or any craft paint.
9. White crackle paint
10. Gold mist
11. Liquid adhesive
12. Gold micro beads
13. Gold brads
14. Gold cardbase 5"x7"
15. Black embossing powder and heat gun.
16. Foam tape
1. Tear short pieces of masking tape and apply them randomly overlapping until you completely cover the white cardstock. Apply 3 colors of paint over the masking tape.
2. Gently blend the paint with a sponge applicator. Add more paint as needed to achieve the
3. Apply gold spray mist randomly over and set aside to dry.
4. Apply white crackle paint in three distinct clusters and set aside to dry.
5. Splatter gold spray mist over the whole page.
6. Stamp clusters of flowers onto white cardstock, paint yellow, and cut.
7. Stamp two different size clocks onto white cardstock and heat set with black embossing powder. Next, attach a gold brad to the center of the clocks.
8. Apply the clocks slightly overlapping below the center of the card front.
9. Adhere the stamped flowers with dimensional foam tape.
10. Stamp the sentiment with black ink onto white cardstock. Lightly ink the edges to create a hazy grey smudge using a sponge applicator. Adhere the sentiment to the top right edge.
11. Apply liquid adhesive to the center of the flowers and sprinkle gold micro beads. Lightly pat them into the glue to make sure they are well embedded in the adhesive.
A Closer Look: