My name is Irit from Irit Shalom Designs blog and this is my first ever blog post as Sin City Stamps Inspiration Team member.
I am totally thrilled to be a part of this team and I hope to do my very best to show you the beauty and versatility of Sin City stamps!
I am a big fan of everything Steampunk. So first I asked for Steampunk stamps and when I got them I decided to use quite a few of them for my first project- hence " Got Steampunk?" was born.
Clock with crown vintage style
Hot air balloon with wooden barrel basket
Small cogs and gear Steampunk
Steampunk definition phrase
Black pigmented ink
Clear embossing powder
Teal Antiquing cream
Metal corner and cogs
Misty stamping tool
Step by step instruction for this tag:
1. Cover the tall thick chipboard tag with a thin layer of white gesso.
2. Add a thin layer of texture paste over stencil and let it dry.
3. Stamp with 1923 stamp randomly using pigmented black ink and heat emboss with clear embossing powder.
4. Add some random stamping with Cogs and gear stamp in the same technique as the previous step. Paint with a mix of fluid acrylic paints.
5. Paint the edges with another acrylic paint and move some to the middle of your tag.
6. Stamp the Hot air Balloon with black pigmented ink. You don't really need a fancy stamping tool used here, but if you have it it makes your life easier. Heat emboss the stamped image with clear embossing powder.
7. Stamp the title, the vintage clock and the Steampunk definition in the same way and hand cut them both.
8. Hand cut the stamped Hot Air Balloon and color it with pencils. The pencils used here were Inktense, but any markers or pencils will do a job.
Glue the colored image over the tag as shown.
9. Add Copper Metallic acrylic paint using baby wipe over the tag.
10. Paint the two other stamped pieces with copper paint and add some Antiquing teal cream.
Let it partially dry and then wipe with baby wipe.
11. Paint the bolt chipboards as shown with a mix of two acrylic paints. Glue the circle on the top of the tag and all 4 bolts over the definition stamped piece.
12.Arrange all stamped pieces over the tag as shown. Add a couple of metal cogs painted in the same way as bolts. Use Glossy Accents to glue all metal pieces. Attach the cord on the top of the tag.
Add the metal corner.