Today I am sharing a few different printed and decorated items!! When I have my Gelli Plate out I like to do "extra" prints to save for later and to also make it worthwhile getting all the paint out and making a mess LOL!! So you will see some printed envelopes, tags and cards - hope you enjoy the process!
- Sin City Stamps (of course!): Steampunk Circus Stamp Set
- Ink Pads
- Embossing ink, embossing powder plus a heat gun
- Color pencils
- Gelli Plate
- Paint - use your favorite colors!!
- Roller (brayer)
- Tags, envelopes, index cards, really anything you want to print on and create with!
- Mark making bits & bobs ie. old credit card, old lids, bubble wrap etc.
- Embellishments like fibers, muslin, feathers etc.
- And of course scissors, glue, tape etc.
Her we go with the process - and remember no right or wrong and I am certainly not an expert with my Gelli Plate - I have lots to learn and today I have just used a really simple technique and added to the "pattern" afterwards!!
1. Gather up a few supplies - but as you will notice with me I always "add" as I am going because I remember something else in my "stash" that would work with what I am doing! I bet that happens to everyone!
2. Printing! This is really simple - just put some "blobs" of your fave color combo on your plate and spread it with your roller to cover the whole area. Love how this looks when it's all "smooshed" out!
4. Next step - once everything is dry of course is to add some images and other "marks" to the items you have printed. Picture below shows images stamped direct to each item.
You can play around with arranging the stamps to see how they will look/fit when stamped. In the pictures below both black archival ink has been direct printed to the pieces and also embossing ink and white embossing powder to decorate. The little stamps in the set are great for using to make borders and fill gaps!
For these items use an old credit card and small round lids with black paint to decorate the pieces and add more dimension along with a scrap of bubble wrap and white paint.
Below is an index card printed in yellow and reds with the cute kids stamp and "Clownin' Around" wording along with a piece of scrap muslin cloth.
I think the clown below is my fave image from the stamp set - a bit of fun!! Add some cloth, cotton wound around your fingers and the "clown" word stamp from the set.
Hope you have enjoyed this process! I still have some printed items that I will be able to grab when I am in need of a quick background or base card for creating at short notice! I think that is the beauty of the Gelli Plate - nice and quick and you can get quite a production line going!
Thanks for stopping by!
Here's our quick links to find even more inspiration and to grab your own Sin City Stamps:
Sin City Stamps Store
Sin City Stamps Facebook Group
And you are here at "The Blog" but make sure you keep checking back - even better "follow" us so you don't miss any of the Inspiration Team posts!!