Here I am again to share my latest creations with you using more of the amazing stamps available at the Sin City Store! I've created some tags for my post today - I love to alter and decorate tags - any size with any images! Hope you like them!
- Sin City Stamps: Flower and Bird Sketches (Bird & Flowers) & Dandelion Wishes with Butterflies (Butterfly)
- Paper Towel - a great way to use your "mop up" roll from excess ink sprays etc. - "recycling"!!
- Matt Medium
- Hole Punch
- Kraft Colored Paper/Card
- Black ink pad
- Cardboard scrabble tile "words"
- Embellishments: scraps of muslin, feathers, paper flowers & leaves, pearls etc.
- General craft items: scissors, glue
Let's start - these are relatively quick to make so it's something that can be achieved in a sitting and give you the satisfaction of creating something in a few hours or less!
1. As always gather your supplies so everything is close by to grab as you go! Start with your "mop up" roll of paper towel - you can also use tissue paper or deli paper or even gelli plate prints for covering your tags if you don't have a "mop up" ink spray roll. I love the texture of the paper towel which is why I have chosen to use it for these tags!
2. Using any type of Matt Medium smother the tags with this adhesive and lay down flat on your paper towel. Note: the tags will want to curl so place an old book or something heavy over them to keep them flat and to make sure they adhere to the paper towel evenly.
3. Once the matt medium is dry you can trim around your tags and grab a hole punch to put the hole "back" into the top of the tag!
4. Next step is to stamp your gorgeous Sin City Stamps! The aim of these tags is to make them quick and simple using black ink stamp onto the Kraft colored paper or card and then cut out.
I used one image per tag.
5. The last step is to play around with your chosen embellishments and start to lay out everything on your tags until you achieve the look you are happy with! I'm not a "arranger" so I tend to procrastinate and change my mind a lot LOL!!!
Use whatever you have in your stash - you don't need a lot - the idea is not to cover the entire tag - we want to see those gorgeous colors on the background!
To finish attach string to the tops.
6. And the finished tags!
Hope you feel inspired to create!
This technique is one that can be used over again with any images!
Perfect for gift tags!!
Sin City Stamps Store
Sin City Stamps Facebook Group
Have a great day and happy creating!