Tuesday, March 19, 2019
Hello there my fellow crafty stamper friends! We here at Blank Page Muse are inspired by the nautical theme this month. So to continue the theme today I would love to share with you today to share a masculine steampunk birthday card!
Blank Page Muse: Octopus Time! Steampunk Art
Blank Page Muse: Open Wave Fishnet
(Shop now and save! Use code BPMDtJessica2019 to save %15 off your total order!)
Spectrum Noir: Watercolor paper
Ranger Ink: Texture paste & Archival Black Ink Pad
Tim Holtz: Distress Ink - Brushed Curdory
Canvas Corp Brands: Tattered Angels Shimmer Mist - Sapphire & Penny
The Paper Studio - Gears 3D sticker embellishments
Hampton Art - Brown rhinestones
1. Let's begin by creating our card. Get your paper out and get to cutting it to your desired size and folding it in half.
2. Once this is done, let's add some texture straight to the paper.
*Tip* I love this paper because, I can do pretty much any kind of mixed media art on its surface without it wilting and falling a part.
As you see in this photograph, I make sure to lay down a hefty layer of paste as to capture all the fun elements of my chosen background stamp.
3. While the texture is still soft take out any of your texture background stamps and begin stamping the texture. Once you are happy with the results let it dry.
4. While that's drying, take your stamped octopus image and distress it.
5. After your texture is dry spray your surface with your chosen paint sprays and watch the magic happen!
That image is just a delight to look at! All that golden shimmer!
6. Use your heat tool to dry the paint quicker so you can begin adding your elements.
7. Finish off your card by adding all your chosen embellishments using tacky glue.
*Hint* I always use tacky glue on the back of my glue dots and rhinestones to ensure that they won't fall off at a later date.
Voila! Here is the finished card and some close-ups.
I do hope you enjoyed your time here with me today in making this fun masculine steampunk card!
Thank you so much for popping in today! I will see you right here next time!
Visit and follow us for more inspiration:
Welcome to Day 1 of our 3 day Blog Hop celebrating some brand new red rubber art stamps! Over the next few days we'll be sharing new st...
Hi Blank Page Muse Stamps Fans today we are sharing a qick gift box idea from our DT Member Sharon. She has used a purchased precut gift ...