It's Karen here today. I just love the versatility of this tree stamp. I have used it numerous times. Once I created an Autumn tree with multi-colored leaves and also for a Christmas card covered in lights. I accepted the challenge to try to make one for Spring. I hope you like my cherry blossom tree card for Mother's Day.
- Fall Bare Tree Background Art Rubber Stamp by Pam Bray
- Background Grunge Art Rubber Stamp Sheet by Pam Bray
- Fancy Curls Flower Flourish Stamp
- Ink pads (brown / purple / dark pink)
- Ink blending tool
- Colored pencils
- Mini flower punch
- Pink card stock
- Mini pearls
- Clear mounting block
- Card base (5x7")
- Liquid adhesive
1. Stamp the rose design randomly onto pink card stock making sure some roses overlap the edge of the card. Alternate using pink and purple ink to create the background.
3. Use a sponge applicator to lightly apply ink to color the roses.
4. Stamp the tree image with brown ink onto white card stock. Use a brown colored pencil to add shading to the branches and details to the bark.
5. Punch small flowers from pink and white cardstock.
6. Place a flower into the pad of your palm and gently press the center of the flower with the tip of a pencil in order to curve the flower and give it realistic shaping. Draw a star design in the center of the white flowers to create the stamens. Layer the white flower on top of the pink flower and adhere a pearl to the center of each flower.
7. Fussy cut the tree and embellish it with the small pink blossoms. Adhere the finished tree to the lower right corner of the card base.
8. Finally, add a sentiment to the upper right corner.
A Closer Look:
Facebook Fan Page - https://www.facebook.com/groups/bla...
Instagram - Shop https://www.instagram.com/blankpage...
Instagram - Blog https://www.instagram.com/blankpage...
Twitter - https://twitter.com/BlankPageMuse
Pinterest - https://www.pinterest.com/blankpage...
To see more of Karen's projects, visit her blog Art& Soul.