It's Karen, to share a very feminine card of encouragement. The hummingbird stamp is so elegant with a beautiful lace design. Heat embossing with silver powder really shows off the intricate details of the stamp. Adding a simple mini gem for the eye was the perfect finishing touch.
Let me show you how I made it...come with me.
1. Birds and Clocks Stamp Set (Sin City Stamps)
2. Inhale Exhale Art Stamp Set (Sin City Stamps)
3. silver foil
4. embossing folder / die cutting machine
5. alcohol inks / felt applicator tool
6. silver embossing powder
7. watermark ink pad
8. heat gun
9. flowers & gems
11. permanent black ink pad
12. card base 5x7"
1. Place a piece of silver foil into an embossing folder and run it through a die cutting machine.
2. Apply alcohol inks randomly over the embossed silver foil paper using a felt ink applicator tool. Use a tapping motion rather than a rubbing motion to apply the alcohol inks and allow the ink to dry before applying the next color.
3. Attach the colored foil to a purple card base leaving a narrow border.
4. Stamp the hummingbird onto white card stock using watermark ink, apply silver embossing powder, heat set, and cut out. Adhere it to the upper right with dimensional foam tape.
5. Next, embellish the lower left with a cluster of three flowers and add gems to the center of each.
A Closer Look: