Karen here to share with you my bright and cheerful bird card.
1. Inhale Exhale Art Stamp Set
2. Flower Bird Sketches Art Rubber Stamp Set
3. White & black cardstock
4. Water based dye inks
5. Spray bottle & non stick craft sheet
6. Small spots stencil
7. Black permanent ink
8. White acrylic paint & bubble wrap
9. White gel pen
10. Branch die
11. Die cutting machine
12. Black card base (6x6")
1. Swipe 3 colors of dye inks onto a non stick craft sheet.
2. Lightly spray with water until you can see small droplets form.
Dry with a heat gun. (Repeat to make 2 inked sheets)
4. Ink the bird stamp with permanent black ink and stamp in the lower left corner. Add a highlight to the bird's eye with a white gel pen.
5. Apply a small amount of white acrylic paint onto the craft sheet. Smear the paint thinly and dab a piece of bubble wrap into the paint, blot off any excess paint, and stamp randomly to create a subtle pattern. Avoid stamping over the bird image.
6. Use an ink applicator to apply ink through a small spotty stencil. Apply ink randomly with inconsistent pressure to create irregular texture. Reposition the stencil and continue inking.
7. Next, stamp the feather images onto the second inked background and carefully cut out.
8. Stamp a sentiment using permanent black ink.
9. Tear the bottom edge of the background and adhere to a black card base.
A Closer Look:
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us often at the Sin City Blog and follow us on Facebook.
To learn more about our designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul.
Thanks for visiting!