It's Karen here and I am saddened to say this will be my last project for the Blank Page Muse Design Team. It has been a great blessing the last year & a half to work with such high quality stamps and fabulous images. Here is my last card Love on the Wire.
I created the background with layers of overlapping masking tape which adds a beautiful subtle wrinkly texture. The paints accentuate all the crevices and is a very effective way to create an distressed look. I hope you will try this simple technique to create a textured background because I'm sure you will love it too.
Blank Page Muse Stamps:
Background Grunge Art Rubber Stamp by Pam Bray
Urban Scene Silhouette Collage Stamp
Distressed Music Background Stamp
1. Cut a piece of heavy card stock 5x7". Tear bits of masking tape into various 2-5" lengths and apply them irregularly to cover the entire sheet. Alternate the angle which you apply the tape and occasionally crunch the tape to purposefully cause it to wrinkle and thus create a subtle texture. Paint the masking tape covered card stock with white gesso and set aside to dry.
4. Blend gold and pink ink to cover a chipboard heart. Next, apply liquid adhesive randomly to parts of the design and then add glitter over the wet glue. Set aside to thoroughly dry.
5. Stamp three different sizes of swirly rose images with dusty rose ink. Lightly color them using an ink blending tool. Carefully cut out all the roses.
7. Adhere the stamped urban scene to the upper part of the misted tape background using foam tape.
8. Use a black marker to emphasize the bird and attach the chipboard heart to the middle of the stamped urban scene.
9. Next, adhere clusters of roses in the upper left and lower right corner.
10. Carefully cut out some lace flowers and flourishes and add them to the rose clusters. Attach a small bit of lace peeking out from the behind the lower edge of the urban scene image. Finally, embellish with a random scattering of gems and small hearts.
- clear mounting block
- card base (5x7")
- masking tape
- spray mists (pink & bronze)
- ink pads (pink / gold / brown / black)
- ink blending tool
- heat gun
- liquid adhesive
- black marker
- small heart paper punch
- chipboard heart (Creative Embellishments)
- glitter, lace, gems
Blank Page Muse Shop http://blankpagemuse.com/
Facebook Fan Page https://www.facebook.com/groups/bla...
Instagram - Shop https://www.instagram.com/blankpage...
Instagram - Blog https://www.instagram.com/blankpage...
To see more of Karen's projects, visit her blog Art & Soul.