Monday, June 16, 2014
"Flutter By" Sin City Design Team Project by~ WildHeart Art ~
Sin City Design Team Project
By WildHeart Art
I have always loved butterflies with the beautiful colors in their wings as well as the transparent colors in stained glass artwork so I decided to check out my "stash" for this design team project and try to incorporate them both together. I love the outcome and it was a very fun and easy project to do!
Glass Bead Gel
Dylusions Ink Sprays
Prima Color Bloom Spray
Black ink pad
Blue acrylic paint
1) Gesso your art journal page and let dry.
2) Spray randomly with the ink sprays and let dry.
3)Apply the butterfly die cuts and using bead gel medium and a palate knife, spread the bead gel medium over the die cut to cover, in a very thin layer. Sprinkle some fine glitter over the butterflies and let dry.
4) When dried add the alcohol inks by drops onto the wings and body randomly to emulate the beautiful colors on the wings.
5) Using the swirl stamps in the Terri Sproul Art Journal stamp set, apply the stamps here and there with black ink. Then using the butterfly stamp to stamp in the middle right of the page.
As you can here in the close up of the wing the bead gel and glitter give it that texture and the alcohol colors give it that lovely transparent color.
6) Here I finished off with some dots of acrylic paints in blue to bring it all together
Hope you have enjoyed this unique butterfly project!
Have a beautiful creative day!
~In love & Faith~