Hello BPM Fans! DT Betty here today!
The lotus flower is one of the most significant flowers in the Chinese culture. The lotus flower grows in muddy waters, but it will rise and bloom into a beautiful flower. This symbolizes perfection and purity of both the heart and mind. In addition, the lotus represents long life and honor. For this reason, it's a perfect flower to put on a birthday card. Today I am sharing a card I made using a stamp from Blank Page Muse Art Rubber Stamps called "Lotus Flower on Stem with Small Dragonfly." This is a red rubber stamp. This is a single flower stamp, so I stamped it twice. I used the Happy Birthday Phrase Stamp for the sentiment.
- Blank Page Muse Stamp: Lotus Flower on Stem with Small Dragonfly and Happy Birthday Phrase
- White cardstock 6" x 6" for card base
- Black cardstock 5-7/8" x 5-7/8" to mat card base
- Patterned paper 5-3/4" x 5-3/4" to mat card base. Use any paper to match the colors of your flower.
- White cardstock 4" x 4" to stamp image
- Gold cardstock 4-1/8" x 4-1/8" to mat stamped image
- Black cardstock 4-1/4" x 4-1/4" to mat stamped image
- White cardstock 3"W x 1/2"H to stamp sentiment
- Gold cardstock 3-1/8"W x 5/8" H to mat sentiment
- White cardstock 3-1/4"W x 3/4"H to mat sentiment
- Masking tape: 4" x 4"
- Scrap bond paper or light weight cardstock: 4" x 4"
- Embellishments of choice - I used Pearl rhinestones
- Your favorite adhesive
- Stamping block or stamp positioner
- Your favorite coloring medium. I used Copic alcohol markers.
- Flower: Pink - R85, R83, R81
- Flower: Yellow - Y17, Y15, Y11
- Flower: Brown - E1, E15, E13
- Dragonfly: YG13, V25, V22, V20
- Background: B000
- Stamp the lotus flower stamp onto the 4" x 4" white cardstock
- Put the masking tape over the scrap bond or light weight cardstock and stamp the lotus flower.
- Ink the stamp then wipe the ink from the dragonfly using a baby wipe or wet paper towel. Only one dragonfly is stamped on the card.
- Stamp over the exiting lotus flower that has been masked and then remove the mask. The flower that was just stamped will appear behind the first flower that was stamped.
- Adhere the pearl rhinestones and the card is finished
Be sure to follow us at: