One of the reasons I love living in northern Virginia is because we get all of the seasons here. I have always loved fall because of the seasonal craft shows and holidays, but now I really enjoy the beautiful fall leaves when "every leaf is a flower". Today I am sharing a quick idea so you can add those colorful leaves to your layouts, planners and cards!
Time to play...
Leaves Rubber Stamp Set Sheet by Terri Sproul
Stazon Inks- Mustard, Timber Brown, Pumpkin, Blazing Red
Elizabeth Crafts Dies - Planner Essentials 4 & 5
- Position your stamp(s) on a stamping platform.
- Place acetate in stamp platform on top of a sheet of white paper and secure with magnets and/or washi tape.
- Select several fall colors of StazOn ink.
- Apply the lightest color ink to all of the stamp surfaces and stamp the image(s) on the acetate.
- Apply layers of StazOn ink, one color at a time, until you have the desired colors. Note: create a variegated effect by adding different color inks to only parts of the leaf surfaces before stamping.
You can use the acetate sheets just like patterned papers on your layouts. I love the large scale leaves in the background!
Add a favorite photo and you are done!
Stamping on acetate is so easy if you use a stamping platform and the right ink. To make sure you don't smear the images don't over ink your stamps and wait until the ink is dry before you handle it!
Thanks for stopping by and I hope you find some time to play today!
Looking for more inspiration?
Click the links below!