- Petals and Flowers By: Michelle Frae Cummings
- Medallions Ornate Patterns By: Michelle Frae Cummings
- Ink pads in coordinating colors
- White gift wrap tissue paper
- Saran or plastic wrap
- 2 large pieces of parchment paper
- A iron set to cotton, no steam
- A heat proof surface
- Cardstock paper
Saturday, November 9, 2019
Rubber Stamped Tissue Paper Cards
One of my favorite things to do when creating cards, is to use common household items!
I love showing people that you don't need to spend much money to making something beautiful.
Ready? Lets create!
1. Your tissue paper will have 2 sides. A slightly glossy side and a matte side. Place the tissue paper matte side up onto a large piece of card stock. The card stock will absorb any excess ink while you are stamping.
2. Randomly stamp all over the tissue paper, with the various stamps and coordinating ink pad colors.
3. When you have finished stamping, Place one piece of parchment paper onto the heat proof surface.
4. Next place your card fronts. If you don't have room for more than 2 cards, consider making a bookmark or small tags instead of wasting the tissue paper!
5. Carefully lay down the plastic wrap over the cards. Its OK if there are few wrinkles in the wrap- you won't see them in the end.
6. Lay your stamped tissue paper onto the plastic wrap. It doesn't matter if its matte or glossy side up.
7. Lastly, place the 2nd piece of parchment paper on top of the stamped tissue paper.
8. Quickly iron over the parchment paper. Make sure to get all the card corners.
9. Remove the parchment paper and trim off the excess tissue paper and plastic wrap from the cards.
10. Trim the cards slightly to fit on a card base.
11. For good measure, before finishing your cards, sandwich your trimmed cards in parchment paper and iron quickly to set any loose areas.
12. Adhere to your card blanks and then create some more!
So much fun, right?
Thanks for coming by, I hope you have enjoyed my tutorial and will now try some of your own.
Feel free to join our Fan Page on Facebook to see what others are doing with our stamps and maybe you too can share your favorite Blank Page Muse projects!
FB Fan Page- https://www.facebook.com/groups/blankpagemuse/
Instagram Shop- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuse/
Instagram Blog- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuseblog/
Welcome to Day 1 of our 3 day Blog Hop celebrating some brand new red rubber art stamps! Over the next few days we'll be sharing new st...
We are excited to announce that we are looking to add to our team for a 6 month term! If you love to create cards, scrapbook pa...