If you need an idea for a cute Halloween card, then take note how I used some non-holiday stamps to design a friendly Halloween card. I used a quirky "hello" stamp and a cute kitty to create my Halloween card. Check out your stamp collection, think outside the box, and see which designs you already have that can be used for multiple occasions by simply changing the colors.
1. Sending Smiles Whimsical Mail Art Rubber Stamp Sheet by Rick St Dennis
2. black ink pad
3. fine tip markers
4. colored pencils
5. 3" circle punch & 3.5" scallop circle punch
6. black cardstock
1. To create the background, use black ink to stamp the word "hello" onto white cardstock. Vary the angle of each impression and make sure to overlap the edges when stamping.
2. Color the background design with fine tip markers.
3. Stamp the cat using black ink and shade the image with colored pencils. Carefully fussy cut.
4. Use a circle punch to cut a 3" circle of white cardstock and punch a slightly larger scalloped matting using black cardstock.
5. Mount the cat to the circle with foam tape, matte, and attach to the stamped background.
6. Finally, attach the stamped image to a 5.5" square black cardbase leaving a narrow border.
A Closer Look:
Sin City Stamps: