Hello Sin City Fans,
1. Hearty Doodles Art RubberStamp Set - linen texture
2. Art Journaling #2 RubberStamp Set - flourish
3. Inhale Exhale Art Stamp Set - sentiments
4. Birds Clocks Rubber Stamp Set - bird
5. Flower Bird Sketches Rubber Stamp Set - feather
6. black ink pad
7. white & burgundy cardstock
8. Distress Ink (Aged Mahogany & Pumice Stone)
9. sponge applicator
10. water brush
11. mini gems
12. small flowers & Spanish Moss
1. Begin by creating a single background on white cardstock (5x8"). Stamp the script background stamp over most of the white cardstock. Cover about 75% with script and leave 25% of the blank. Include 2nd Generation stamping on the background by not re-inking before stamping a second image. The second impression will produce a fainter image and add another level to the background.
2. Use burgandy ink to stamp the linen texture background randomly onto white cardstock. Include 2nd Generation impressions to add depth to the background.
Before stamping onto your project, make a color sample to show the results of 2nd & 3rd generation impressions. This way one can avoid surprises or disappointment.
4. Next, use the linen texture stamp with black ink and use 2nd Generation Stamping to randomly stamp images across the paper making sure to overlap the edges of the paper.
5. Next, cut the background into four ATC size cards. TIP: Pick your least favorite card and use that 4th card to practice or experiment a new technique.
6. Use a sponge applicator to lightly apply black ink to the edges of the 3 ATC's to create a misty grey distressed edge.
9. Use Spanish Moss (floral supply) to create a nest for each bird by adhering a small cluster of moss under each bird.
10. Adhere a scattering of small burgundy flowers to each ATC. Add a small gem to each flower. Finally, apply tiny gems for the bird's eye.
A Closer Look:
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at the Sin City Blog and follow us on Facebook.