For those who love shabby chic & vintage, then my card has everything you could want.
Incorporating a sewing theme, lace, flowers, & birds make this card rustic yet feminine.
Come follow me and I will show you just how I did it.
1. Inhale Exhale Art Stamp Set (Sin City Stamps)
2. Dress Forms Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set (Sin City Stamps)
3. Flower & Bird Sketches Art Rubber Stamp Set (Sin City Stamps)
4. watermark ink pad / brown & black ink pad
5. embossing powder (white, black, & magenta)
6. heat gun
7. pattern paper scrap
8. paper edge distressing tool
9. acetate & permanent black ink pad
10. pearl domes
11. lace & trim
1. Trim 1/2" off the vertical edge of the card front. Adhere a piece of lace to the edge of the inside of the card. Distress the edge of a 5.5" square of patterned paper and then distress a matching solid paper. Attach a third coordinating paper to a 6x6" card base. Layer the two distressed papers offset as shown.
3. Next, use permanent black ink to stamp the base onto acetate and trim. Attach the base to the back of the bodice using dimensional foam tape.
4. Stamp the sentiment in the upper right corner of the card. Use watermark ink, apply magenta embossing powder, and heat set.
5. Next, stamp the flying bird onto a scrap of brown cardstock and carefully cut out. Adhere the dressform and bird to the card.
6. Stamp three feathers onto cardstock using watermark ink, apply white embossing powder, & heat set. Cut out the feathers and adhere them fluttering down to the lower right corner.
A Closer Look:
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at
the Sin City Blog and follow us on Facebook.
To learn more about our designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul.