- facade (surface): used a #8 size manila tag (6 ¼ by 3 ¼ in)
- distress ink: gathered twig
- archival ink: black
- twinkling h20’s: Mandarin Citrine, Iridescent Blue, Mediterranean Blue and Playful Peony - these can be purchased at http://www.colourarte.com/
- embellishments: word band, hemp cord, ribbon and metal corners
- trimmings: naturals red/cream
- tools: craft sheet, mister, heat tool, scissors, ink blending tool, and ripper
- stamps used: Alice Art stamp set
Thursday, July 9, 2015
Simple Alice tag
Happy Friday fellow crafters... For this project I decided for us to make a simple tag project that utlizies Twinkling h20’s from ColourArte and I used a stamp from Alice Art stamp set that can be purchased from http://www.sincitystamps.com. I hope you enjoy this project and it was so much fun to make.
Step 1: The first step in this project is to take the #8 manila tag and stamp it with the background image. We will use archival black ink and take the Alice stamp and place it on the center of the tag.
Step 2: Now we will take Twinkling h20’s and color in the stamped image. We will use mandarin citrine, iridescent blue, mediterranean blue and playful peony- http://www.colourarte.com/. We will use a paint brush and water to apply the twinkling h20 to the tag.
Step 3: Then take gathered twig distress ink and run that around the stamped image with a blending tool. We will then create the water drop effect around the stamped image.
Then take the ripper and rough the edges and dirty up the edges with gathered twig distress ink
Step 4: We are going to add embellishments to further complete our project.
Step 5: Final step we will take hemp cord and ribbon at the top of the tag. To finish it off we will add in an embellishment.
Thanks for checking out my project and if you don’t have the twinkling h20’s or the Alice Art stamp set in your stash be sure to add them today. Check out the store today there are such great stamps, stencils and products that you can chose from that will be great additions to your home.