For this project you will need the following:
- The Whimsical Owl Pair Sitting on a Branch Line Art Rubber Stamp by Rick St Dennis
- The letter stamp from the Correspondence Pens, Ink, and Postage Art Rubber Stamp Set by Katy Leitch
- White cardstock cut to 3.75" x 3.75"
- Black card base measuring 4" x 4"
- Masking paper
- Embossing ink
- Clear embossing powder
- Inks for blending
- Coloring medium of your choice
Stamp your owls to your white cardstock. Cover with masking paper.
Stamp your letter stamp down the length of the white cardstock with black embossing ink. Cover in clear embossing powder and heat set.
Using blending inks of your choice blend over the cardstock. I used Distress Oxide inks in Chipped Sapphire and Faded Jeans. I also added a few droplets of water to the cardstock.
Remove the masking paper and color the owls in with a coloring medium of your choice. Place your craft foam on the back of your cardstock and adhere to your card base.
Optional; add sequins and brush over owls with a clear shimmer pen.
Easy and effective. I hope you will give this a try yourself. Head on over to the Facebook fan page and show us what you were inspired to create.
Until next time,