It's Karen here. I hope you are enjoying a festive holiday season. Here is my quick card to inspire you and keep us in the Christmas spirit. This is my non-traditional tree decorated with Christmas lights. It is a very quick make and can be easily put together for that last minute unexpected guest, forgotten relative, or produced assembly line style for a long list of family and friends. Here we go!
- black ink pad
- clear mounting block
- permanent markers
- watercolor paints
- black cardstock
- clear gloss dimensional paint
- card base (5x5")
1. Stamp the bare tree with black ink onto white cardstock.
2. Use permanent markers to draw a numerous light bulbs in different colors to cover the tree. (TIP: For a more realistic look, make sure to vary the angle of each light bulb.)
3. Next, use watercolor paint to add a subtle glow around each bulb.
5. Matte the bulb covered tree with black cardstock. Use black ink to stamp the sentiment onto a strip of vellum and then lay the strip over the lower part of the tree trunk. Gently wrap the overhanging strips of vellum around the edge of the stamped tree and adhere them to the back side. Adhere the finished tree to the center of a red glitter 5x5" card base.
A Closer Look: