Even without any Halloween Stamp Sets I was still able to create this spooky gift bag. Using texture stamps, lines of text, & vintage keys, I created this creepy background. The next time you think you don't have the design you need, spend a bit more time looking at stamps beyond their obvious uses. You may be surprised at how creative you can become.
1. Fairies & Blossoms 2 Rubber Stamp Set - Fairy Poem Sentiment Word Art
2. Hearty Doodles Art Rubber Stamp Set - background grunge circles.
3. Dress Forms Steampunk Rubber Stamp Set - Vintage Keys Small Border Rubber Stamp
4. Circle punch
5. Gold spray mist
6. Chipboard witch's hat
7. Black, purple, green ink pads
9. Mounting block
10. Glitter glue
11. Plain gift bag
12. Gold stars & ribbons
1. Use a circle punch to cut a 2.5" circle of white cardstock and position it in the upper right area of the background paper. Carefully, hold it still while applying yellow chalk lightly around the circle. Next, remove the circle mask to reveal a glowing aura around the moon.
(Punch a gold glitter circle and attach it over the chalk circle with foam tape.)
2. Use black ink to repeatedly stamp a script background making sure to overlap the edge of the paper. To make a second generation image, don't re-ink the stamp and just re-position it and press it to the paper again. You may even apply a third generation impression. With each impression the intensity of the design lightens. Re-ink the stamp and continue to fill the background with first & second generation impressions leaving occasional empty spaces. (sample below: 1st - 3rd generation stamping)
3. Stamp the sentiment using purple ink in an open white space. Create more variety to the background by randomly stamping a texture stamp using purple ink making sure to overlap the edge of the paper.
4. Use black ink to stamp a candelabra in the lower right corner. Add a chipboard witch's hat to the left of the sentiment.
5. Add more layers by repeatedly stamping a cluster of keys in opposite corners. Use the multi-generational stamping technique to add depth to the background.
6. Next, randomly stamp some lime green texture impressions. Gently apply black chalk around the edges of the stamped artwork to create an eerie haze.
7. Finally, add glitter glue to the candle flames and apply a few splashes of gold mist. Embellish with small gold star stickers and attach the stamped artwork to a plain gift bag. Carefully, trim away any overhanging paper and tie a coordinating ribbon to the handles.
To purchase the stamps for this project, visit www.sincitystamps.com
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at the Sin City Blog and follow us on Facebook. Join the Sin City Fan Group. HERE
To learn more about our designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul.
Thanks for visiting!