I want to start by saying a big thank you to Donna and Terri Sproul for inviting me on to the team 6 months ago, I have had a ball and how time flies.... but now it is time to move on and next month you'll have a chance to see the work of some amazingly talented new designers!
Anyway, onto my project. I altered a little paper mache hanging board, using some of the wonderful new products that SinCity has now added to their store.
These are the stamps and products I used:
Love of Butterflies stamp set
Art Journaling with Terri Sproul 2 stamp set
I also used
Paper mache hanging board
Tim Holtz Tissue Wrap
Distress Inks Walnut Stain, Peeled Paint
Texture Paste and pallet knife
Some Tim Holtz stencils
Faber Castell Gelatos (various colours)
Archival Ink Jet Black, Library Green
Faber Castell Big Brushpen (Warm Grey and Walnut Brown)
A home made flower and some embellishments from my stash.
1. I started by adding a bit of brown ink around the outside of my hanging board and adhering a bit of tissue wrap along one side.
2. So next I taped down the Giraffe stencil with some scraps of tape and spread some texture past through it with my palette knife. While still wet I pressed a text stamp from the journaling set into it. (Remember to clean your stamp with water straight away).
|Here you can see everything taped down and the stamped impression.|
3. Time to bring it all together by adding a thin layer of Gesso: Sorry, it was evening when I took this photo, so the light is funny. The Gesso is white of course, not pink like it looks here...
5. Some more colouring, stenciling with ink and background stamping to add interest to the background. I also added some bits of tissue tape, both to the front and the sides.
7. Time to start to put it all together. Here are some of the bits I used to embellish (later I added some more as you can see from the finished piece).
And then the sentiments from the journaling set: