Hi BPM Fans!
Halloween is just around the corner. I’m
getting some cards ready to send to a few of my friends. The card I’m sharing
today is stamped with Blank Page Muse’s rubber stamp:
Halloween Witch Costume Bear by Rick St. Dennis.
This month’s challenge is “All Things Spooky,” but spooky doesn’t have to be scary, it can be cute too!
You still have time to enter this month’s challenge, so give this a try. It’s a fun card to make!
- Blank Page Muse Stamp: Halloween Witch Costume Bear
- Black cardstock – Cut to A2 size for the base (4-1/4” x 5-1/2”)
- White cardstock – Cut to 3-3/4” x 4-3/4” to line the inside of the card
- White cardstock – Cut to 4-1/8” x 5-3/8”
- Bond paper – Cut to 3” x 4”
- Masking Tape- Cut to 3” x 4” (I used Eclipse Art Masking Tape)
- Distress ink or Distress oxide – Squeezed Lemonade, Seedless Preserves, Dusty Concord, Black Soot
- Ink blending tool and/or brushes
- Coloring medium of choice (I used Copic markers)
- White gel pen
- Happy Halloween sentiment (I used a die, but you can use any stamp)
- Spider web and spider dies or die cuts
- Your favorite adhesive
- Paper Trimmer
- Stamp positioner or stamping block
- Using the white cardstock that is 4-1/8” x 5-3/8” stamp the image on the center of the paper.
- Using the coloring medium of choice, color the stamp. After coloring the stamp, it will need to be masked before inking the background.
- Place the masking tape on top of the bond paper and stamp the image. Fussy cute the bear (mask).
- Place the mask over the bear image that was stamped on cardstock. Burnish with fingers to make sure the mask does not lift during inking.
- Using an ink blending tool or brush (preferred), start with Squeezed Lemonade to ink around the bear stamp. Be gentle so that the mask does not lift.
- Next, ink blend with Seedless Preserves, followed by Dusty Concord, and Black Soot.
- Remove the mask. If there are any white/un-inked spots, use a matching alcohol marker, water-based marker, or colored pencil to add in the color.
- Using a white gel pen, add dots (the stars) of various sizes.
- Add the spider web and spiders. I used a spider web with spiders frame die. It came with one spider and I die cut 3 more and cut off the webs for this project. I cut the frame apart and adhered it to the card.
- Add the sentiment. I cut the sentiment using a Silhouette Cameo. You can stamp your sentiment onto cardstock if you don’t have a die.
- Adhere to the base card.
The Blank Page Muse Shop
FB Fan Page
Instagram - Shop
Instagram - Blog