I'm glad you stopped by for my second project of the month. I hope you will gain some inspiration to try your own sympathy cards. They are certainly not the easiest thing to make during a difficult time. I always try to keep a few tucked away so that I don't have to struggle during a stressful time when I may not be feeling particularly creative. In reality, this design is suitable for a variety of sentiments (birthday, thank you etc...) but in this case it seemed to me to require a sympathy sentiment.
Blank Page Muse Stamps:
Birds & Clocks Rubber Stamp Set
Background Grunge Art Rubber Stamp Sheet designed by Pam Bray
- Platinum pigment ink pad
- Pink pigment ink pad
- White pearl cardstock
- Watermark ink pad / clear embossing powder / heat gun
- White gel pen
- Embossing tool
- Mini pearls
- Gold sentiment
- Pink card base
1. Stamp the flourish image randomly across the card base. Use platinum ink to stamp the background making sure to vary the position by rotating the stamp for each new impression.
2. Stamp the roses onto white pearl cardstock using watermark ink. Then emboss with clear embossing powder and heat set. Rub a pink ink pad lightly over the images and cut out. Next, cut out some simple leaf shapes. For added detail, use an embossing tool to draw the vein down the center of each leaf. Stamp the bird using pink ink, carefully cut out, and set aside.
3. Use a white gel pen to add highlights and detailing to the stamped background image. Select various dots and carefully trace over them to subtly enhance the design. Adhere the cluster of roses to the lower right corner and the bird to the upper left corner.
4. Finally, embellish the card with a gold sentiment in the upper right corner. Add a pearl for the bird's eye and a small scattering of various gold dot accents.
A Closer Look:
Checkout the Blank Page Muse Creative Challenge.
This month's theme is ATC.
Create a new project following the theme and add it via the Inlinkz linky tool.
There will be a random drawing prize for a Blank Page Muse Gift Certificate.
You can find all the guidelines HERE.
To learn more about our fabulous designer Karen and see more of her projects
Thanks for visiting!