It's Karen here today to share my underwater creation featuring the lovely Misty Mermaid stamp by Rick St Dennis.
2. Background Grunge Art Rubber Stamp Sheet designed by Pam Bray (Sin CityStamps)
3. Phoebe Art Doll Rubber Stamp Sheet designed by Jayne Alexander (Sin City Stamps)
4. alcohol inks
5. watercolor paints
6. chalk / color pencils
7. clear epoxy medium
8. shells / sea horse charm
9. card base 5x7"
1. Color the mermaid's skin & hair with chalks. Add her facial details and shading with colored pencils.
4. Create a watery background by applying green & blue alcohol inks to glossy cardstock. Then use permanent black ink to add a subtle impression of bubbles randomly across the background.
6. Stamp the angel's hair (Pheobe) multiple times, paint it green, & fussy cut to create the underwater vegetation.
7. Attach the mermaid & vegetation to the alcohol background.
8. Attach a large shell embellishment to the lower right corner. Embellish with various sea-life charms or buttons. Finally, use clear epoxy medium over some of the stamped bubbles. Create smaller bubbles in groups of three and set aside to dry.
A Closer Look:
To purchase the lovely stamps for this project, visit www.sincitystamps.com
For more inspiring paper-craft projects from the Design Team, be sure to visit us at the
Sin City Blog and follow us on Facebook.
Join the Sin City Fan Group. HERE
To learn more about our designer Karen, please visit her blog, Art & Soul.
Thanks for visiting!