And a handy tip - whilst you are making a mess make a bigger mess and create "extra" pieces to use later - you will see that I have also used the new "Background Grunge" set to make spare pieces whilst I was making these postcards!
- Sin City Stamp Set: Correspondence
- Sin City Stamp Set: Background Grunge
- Tissue Paper/Deli Paper/Grease proof Paper/Paper Towel - any of these will work
- Ink Sprays
- Archival Ink Pads various colors
- Index Cards 6 x 4 or Cardstock 6 x 4
- Kraft colored paper or card
- Sticky Mesh
- Glue, Glue Stick, Matt Medium
- Postcard Backing - lots available online (I used a digital image by "OnePeculiarGirl@Etsy)
Firstly gather your ink sprays, papers and a large piece of paper or card to protect your desk from ink over spray! I have used white tissue paper, kitchen paper, deli paper and even a sheer single layer serviette.
Spray 2 or 3 different colored inks over your paper.
If your nozzles aren't clean you will get quite an array of patterned sprays!!
It all adds to the effect LOL!
Allow to dry.
While your papers are drying gather your stamps and Archival ink pads and your fabulous Sin City Stamps!
Stamp your papers randomly with background stamps using colored inks. Stamp several times before re-inking - the faded image looks great as part of the background too!
Use black for a bold pattern or a softer color for a more subtle look.
Trim the excess paper from the cards. Stamp images of your choice onto Kraft colored card/paper with Ink. (Plum color used here - also used on the background paper).
Add some sticky mesh to the card backgrounds and arrange and adhere your stamped images on the cards. Place some of the images so they hang off the page and then trim them back - I like the effect of this. Remember to grab your Ink and edge along the cut images to finish off.