- facade (surface): #10 size manila (I use Ranger product tags-but any can be used) size 4 1/8” by 8 ½” tag.
- Washi tape – various styles of washi tape~ you can use any that you have in your stash
- distress ink: walnut stain (I know it is gathered twig – shocking – LOL)
- archival ink: potting soil and red geranium
- embellishments: large chitchat stickers, jump ring, word band, mini metal corners and metal corners
- Sizzix: Thinlits globe die
- trimmings: naturals black & cream and Hemp string
- adhesives: glossy accents, double sided tape and pop dots
- tools: craft sheet, mister, heat tool, scissors, ink blending tool, ripper and vagabond
- stamps used: a wing above the rest stamp set
Thursday, June 11, 2015
Washi Stamp Tag
Happy my fellow crafters it's FRIDAY... I wanted us to create a fun tag that uses the combination of washi tape and with stamps. For this project I used a wing above the rest stamp set that can be purchased from http://www.sincitystamps.com. I hope you enjoy this project and it was so much fun to make.
Step 1: To start this project we are going to create the back ground for the tag. We will use the background stamp that is part of a wing above the rest stamp set. I love the textured look this stamp gives your project.
Then we will use the potting soil archival ink and stamp the background stamp across the entire tag in a layered effect.
Step 2: Now that we have the base of the tag started we are going to take the walnut distress ink and lightly shade this across the tag with a blending tool.
Step 3: Then we are now going to take several different washi tapes and create a back ground within the base of the tag.
You will see that I ran the washi tape off the base of the tag. This so I could then wrap it around to the back to secure it in place.
Step 4: Now we will start layering in additional elements for our tag. In this step we will take the sizzix thinlits world alterations die. I chose to use brown kraft-core from the nostalgic collection.
Then using a sanding block lightly sand over the top of the world die cut. Attach this to the tag using double sided tape.
Step 5: In this step we are going to take the hot air balloon stamp from the a wing above the rest stamp set. Using manila card stock we are going to stamp this and then cut it out with our scissors. We will again use potting soil archival ink.
Then take the walnut distress ink and dirty up the edge. Now apply this over the top of the world die cut with pop dots.
Step 6: Now we will continue by adding a word saying and any additional stamping to complete the base of the tag.
Step 7: Then we will add embellishments which will provide further dimension to this project.
Step 8: Final step was to dirty up the edges of the tag with walnut stain distress ink. Then we will use ribbon an embellishment at the top of the tag to finish it off.
Thanks for checking out my project and if you don’t have the a wing above the rest stamp set in your stash be sure to add it today by visiting http://www.sincitystamps.com.
Check out the store today for other great stamp sets to purchase as an addition to your individual stash.
Inspiration Team Call – Winter 2019 We are excited to announce that we are looking to add to our team for a 6 month term! ...
Welcome to the Blank Page Muse Holiday Blog Hop! Each one of our very talented Inspiration team members have created a H...