Monday, July 7, 2014
WildHeart Art's~ "Create Journal Fun in 5-10"~ Design Team Project for Sin City Stamps
"Create Journal Fun in 5-10"
Many of us struggle to find the extra time to be able to be creative but it is so important with all the craziness in our daily lives to find the time! What I try and do is when I have a couple of extra minutes I put color down using Gelatos or Dylusions Ink Sprays to create a colorful wash and then leave it to dry until I come back to it later. This creates one less step next time when I come back to it and more time to just play!
So I started this project with a pre -color washed 5 x 7 journal page and the rest to complete took less than 10 minutes! And it is now ready for me to write on the page next time.
5 x 7 journal page( pre color washed)
Sin City Stamps ( Art Journaling with Terri Sproul)
Orange Ink Pad
Signo Uniball White Gel Pen
Gelly Roll Pens
1) Here is the color washed page all dry and ready to go
2) Use your embossing pad to stamp the selected stamps from Art Journaling with Terri Sproul stamp set and apply as shown.
3)Sprinkle the embossing powders over the stamped areas, turning the page to cover all the embossing ink and tipping the rest off and returning back to the container.
4) Apply a heat gun to the embossed areas and be careful as it heats up fast. You can see here where there is a "sheen" to the embossing powder... that means it has melted and is finished.
5) I then used a Signo white gel pen and Gelly Roll gel pens to add some doodles to the page for interest and texture.
6) To make the page "pop" I outlined the letters and stamped design with the white pen also.
Here you have your finished journal page in less than 10 minutes, all ready for some heart felt words, sayings or just capturing and writing down..... a day in your "Life's Story".
Have a beautiful creative day and enjoy!
In Love & Faith
Hello, hello. Samantha here and today I am showing you an idea for getting more use from your Blank Page Muse stamps. Use code BPMDtSamant...
Holiday Greeting to you! I love snow globes and couldn't wait to try my hand at creating a shaker box ornament. Supplies Needed ...