Monday, February 17, 2014
WildHeart Art "It's In The Little Things"~ NEW Sin City DT Post also featuring Frog Dog Studio
"Its The Little Things"
I have always been intrigued by the little things in life and all the wonderful details that makes life so interesting! I carry that with me when creating my artwork.. I love offering lots of fun places for the viewer to "get lost" in! I also infuse all my artwork with inspirational and positive messages, on all levels. It is very important for me to create something that hopefully provides comfort and joy to others as well! I love whimsy and here I have decided to create one of my sweet little houses for this weeks Sin City Stamps Design team post featuring Frog Dog Studio~ Enjoy!!
12 X 16 Canvas or journal page ( your choice)
Coordinating colors of collage papers
Collage medium or mod podge
Ephemera ( Frog Dog Studio wooden buttons and little domino "charms" from their February Mixed media Kit) and for the rest,I just picked through my stash looking for things that could be used for windows, doors,fences,gingerbread details ect)
Acrylic ink in copper
Acrylic Paints in Olive green, Rose and Indian Yellow Hue
Small black Versa ink pad (also from Frog Dog Studio's Feb Mixed media kit)
Rub ons (words and house details)
White Lace trim ( laser cut- plastic)
Faber Castell Big Brush Pens( for highlighting)
Painted Ceramic tiles (for the pathway)
1) Gather all of your supplies and here you see the Sin City - Pam Bray-Dragonfly stamp and the wooden buttons from Frog Dog's Mixed media Feb kit)
1)Start by tearing and collaging the papers onto the canvas and gluing down with collage glue. Paste down a rectangle shape for the house.
2) I then added texture with the Sin City Pam Bray Dragonfly stamping randomly and not always completely... just wanting to add a bit of fun texture as seen below .
3) Add a sun in the right corner using the copper acrylic ink and "fanning" outwards.
4) I then cut and added a triangle for the roof and started with some of the small details such as trim work and the front door.
5) Here you can see I have added in more details such as fence posts, wooden flowers, domino charm, tiles for the pathway ect.
6) I added highlighting to the house with the Big Brush markers.
7) For more added interest and detail I cut several small rectangles out of collage paper for "window boxes" and used the olive paint for greenery along with pink and yellow for the flowers (below)
8) Adding more details of greenery and flowers around the door and down the pathway.
9) here you can see the detailed flowers created with the wooden buttons along with the domino charm from Frog Dog Studio.
I just adore creating these sweet little houses and adding all this great detail to make your eyes wander and your heart sing with inspiration and affirmation! I hope you have enjoyed creating your sweet little house and thanks for joining me! I will also be offering full workshops on creating these wonderful little houses this spring so check out my website for more details shortly!
~In Love & Faith~
Welcome to Day 1 of our 3 day Blog Hop celebrating some brand new red rubber art stamps! Over the next few days we'll be sharing new st...
Hi Blank Page Muse Stamps Fans today we are sharing a qick gift box idea from our DT Member Sharon. She has used a purchased precut gift ...