Hello from design team member, Heidi. I am going to share with you today a Trellis card. These are all the rage and they are not difficult!
1) Start by creating a top fold card and folding it. Cut 3.25 inches off the front flap.
2) Create your trellis pieces. You will need 5 pieces for your horizontal slats that are 4.25 x 0.5 inches, and then for the vertical slats, 2 pieces that are 3/8 x 4 inches, and then for the inside vertical slat reinforcement, 2 pieces that are about a 0.25 x 4 inches.
So that is 9 pieces total.
3) Now you want to get some washi or low tack tape, and place it FACE UP on your card front. You have your card folded, and then just arrange the 5 horizontal slats in place. Start with the bottom one - line it up at the bottom of the back of the card, and then just eyeball the rest to be mostly even.
DO NOT stress out about exact perfect spacing.
4) Then put dots of glue in place for your vertical slats and place the wider slats for your card front. I used magnets to weigh these down, but you could use your stamping blocks. Note that these pieces are too long! That is a good thing and we will be trimming them later.
5) After a the front is dry, open up the card, and reinforce the inside with the thinner slats. These pieces also are too long and will be hanging off the bottom of your card. Once it is fully dry, trim the excess.
6) Cut a piece of patterned paper to line the inside of your card. It needs to cover the open areas, so it must be at least 4.25 x 3.25. Attach this to the inside of your card.
7) Decorate as you wish!
I used a beautiful hydrangea stamp for the outside of my card. I colored it and fussy cut it out.
For the inside, I used a floral border stamp from the same stamp set. I stamped this in light purple ink, and I did the stamping before I added my patterned paper, just to make it easier.
I then used some sentiments to finish off the outside and the inside and I was done!
The stamps I used for my card can be found in the I Brake for Stamps store.
Half Sheet Hydrangea Stamp Sheet
Sentiments from Florals Sheet Flowers for You
What do you think? Will you try, or have you already tried a trellis card?
You can also find more inspiration at the links below:
The Blank Page Muse- https://blankpagemuse.com/
FB Fan Page- https://www.facebook.com/groups/blankpagemuse/
Instagram Shop- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuse/
Instagram Blog- https://www.instagram.com/blankpagemuseblog/