Can you believe we are nearly halfway through the year already??
Today I am sharing an inspiring journal page using a couple of stamps from a very versatile set available at the Sin City Store
Hope you enjoy the process of creating this page.
- Sin City Stamp Set: Dandelion Wishes With Butterflies
- Acrylic Paints
- Archival Ink
- Pastel Crayons and/or watercolour crayons
- Tools: sponge, old credit card, old lids of various sizes, bubble wrap etc.
1. We need to get some colour on the page. Choose 2 or 3 co-coordinating acrylic paint colors and add "blobs" of these randomly over the page. You can Gesso you page background if you wish - for this page I chose not to add Gesso.
2. Use your old credit card and drag the paint over the page. Make sure you cover the edges and smooth out all the paint. Remember we do not want to end up with a "muddy" look - it is more effective when you can still see the distinct colors on the page.
3. Because the paint has been smoothed out and the excess dragged off it shouldn't take too long to dry. A handy tip to use the excess paint on the credit card is to drag the paint over another page or envelope for mail art or index card and you are one step ahead for making another creation with a background all ready done!
4. Using a stencil and one of the colors you used on the background lightly sponge over the stencil with the paint. For this creation stenciling has been done in the top corner and opposite bottom corner. It is entirely up to you where to place your stencil. So many different effects can be achieved with stencils.
5. To add more marks on the page use a one of the other paint colors and use bubble wrap to add more co lour and interest to the page. It's great to be able to recycle items for adding interest to your journal pages!
6. Choose some pastel markers or water soluble crayons and add some detail to the page. For example as shown below make some corner edges/borders, outline some of the stenciling and even colour some of the stenciling.
7. Using some white acrylic paint and some old lids of various sizes print some circles over the page to add yet another layer to the page. You don't need a lot of circles just some subtle interest.
8. Finally using the same white paint and a different stencil, the one used here has a small pattern which is good for toning down the background color in the middle of the page.
Allow all the layers and paint etc. to dry completely before finally adding your chosen Sin City Stamps to finish the page!
I chose three stamps from the Dandelion Set - a sentiment, dandelion and dandelion petals.
Now the finished page - so soft and subtle:
Hope you have enjoyed my post today - this is something you can achieve in a morning - always great to complete something in a day!!!
Remember to check back here regularly for more inspiration by the fabulous Design Team - always so many inspiring creations being showcased!
And of course our Facebook Group
is always packed with Sin City Creations and chit chat so pop over and visit!
See you next month!